Houchell Limited offers a comprehensive range of building services for the effective upkeep of your property. We specialise in maintenance and restoration but also build complete new dwellings and extensions. No job is too small and we offer free, no obligation estimates.
We are members of the Federation of Master Builders and are backed by their Masterbond Warranty for complete peace of mind.
Bricklaying and blockwork
We cover all aspects of bricklaying, including:
- Shaped walls and arches
- Repointing of exisiting brickwork
- Superstructure crack repairs
- Conservatory bases
- Restoration including lime mortar
From complete re-roofing to simple leak repairs, we have dedicated teams available for all types of roofing work:
- Renewal of felt and battens - full roofs or localised repairs
- Renewal of tiles and slates
- Refixing of slipped or dislodged tiles and slates
- Flat roofing
- Conversion of flat roofs to pitched
- Repointing verges
- Shed roof repairs
- Corrugated sheet repairs
- Valley repairs/renewals (see Leadwork)
- Emergency repairs
Plumbing and heating
From dripping taps to full central heating systems and everything inbetween, we provide a quick and efficient service to meet your needs.
- General plumbing repairs
- Full bathroom installations including tiling
- Replacement showers, trays and enclosures
- Gas and oil boiler repairs and installations
- Underfloor heating
- Oil tank renewal
- Emergency repairs
We are Gas Safe and OFTEC registered and can service your appliances on a one-off or annual contract.
We are now trained and approved Hargassner biomass boiler suppliers and installers for the county of Suffolk.
There are three fundamental fuel types for biomass boilers:
- Wood chips
We offer a full design service as part of our procedure. Customers will benefit from high quality techincal support from our suppliers and guarantees are provided where we supply, install and arrange for our suppliers to commission. Annual servicing is available from highly trained engineers.
For more information please visit the Wood Energy website.
Plastering and rendering
Our services include the following:
- Plastering to walls and ceilings
- Plastering over Artex
- Full rooms or small repairs
- Internal and external rendering
- Treatment and replastering of damp walls
- Lime putty render
- Latexing to floors
- Dry lining
We are experienced in restoration work as well as new build.
We cover all aspects of carpentry in our comprehensive service:
- First fix studwork, carcassing and roofing
- Second fix skirting, architraves, door hanging etc.
- Kitchen renewal, including professionally mitred worktops
- Hardwood flooring
- Laminate flooring
- Loft conversions
- Renewal of fascias, bargeboards and soffits in timber or uPVC
- Replacement windows in timber or uPVC
- Rot repairs
This is just a selection of what we can do. Please call us if you have requirements that aren't listed here.
Purpose made joinery
With our own joinery workshop on the premises we are able to make bespoke joinery of all descriptions.
- Windows - fixed light, casement and sash
- Doors - solid, glazed, stable style, ledged and boarded or garden gates
- Cupboards and bookshelves
- Timber and sheet materials cut to size
If it can be made of wood, we can make it! Please contact us with your requirements.
Painting and decorating
Our decorating division covers all aspects of interior and exterior work including wallpapering, tiling and preservation. In conjunction with other trades we can repair masonry and timber prior to repainting for an efficient service.
Whether you're installing a new toilet facility or having problems with root damage, Houchell can help. We also install and repair septic tank systems, soakaways, gulleys and French drains.
Lead is a resilient material but can still become damaged over time. Split or badly fitted lead is a frequent cause of roof leaks. We have experienced lead workers to renew flashings and valleys or to form lead roofs.
Damaged or blocked guttering can cause masonry damaged from overflowing water that can't escape. At Houchell we can help by:
- Replacing damaged gutters and downpipes
- Upgrading from cast iron to uPVC guttering
- Clearing gutters, hoppers and downpipes of leaves, moss and silt
- Fitting leaf guards to prevent future blockage
Wall and floor tiling
We can supply and fix all types of ceramic or natural stone wall and floor tiles, often working in conjunction with our own bathroom and kitchen fitters.
Emergency call outs
We offer an emergency call out service for all kinds of unexpected problems including:
- Plumbing repairs
- Boiler breakdowns
- Roof leaks
- Broken window board up and reglazing
- Blocked drains
- Storm damage
- If you have a problem outside office hours, our answering machine will advise you of a mobile phone number to call.
As well as selling many garden materials in our yard, Houchell Limited can also provide many services to improve the look of your garden.
- Fencing and trellis
- Paths and edgings
The Building and Design Centre, Grundisburgh Road, Woodbridge, IP12 4HG
Tel: 01394 38 38 38 Fax: 01394 380010